Friday, April 3, 2015

Wrapping Things Up

Whelp, the end is nigh. Basically, everything was done with our project - except one crucial part. The soundtrack of our piece has just been one continuous headache for the past three weeks - I have called Chad Brown, my contact at Glassnote Productions, every day for the past week on both his cell phone and home phone numbers, and day in and day out the response has been the same:  no, your paperwork is still being processed with upper management.

Urgh. It was enough to pull out my hair.

Finally, about three days ago, Mr. Brown told me that it was time for me to formulate a contingency plan, because it did not look like our request was going to be accepted. Elanna and I were very chagrined, especially since it was such short notice. But after some sleuthing, I found that there was in fact royalty-free music online, which was free to use provided we gave credit to it author, Kevin MacLeod. The Creative Common licensing that we used is available here. http://incompetech.com/music/royalty-free/licenses/

We ended up using Heart of Nowhere, which was hauntingly beautiful and widely appropriate for our piece, matching it wonderfully. The credit is as follows:

"Heart of Nowhere"
Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/

In other news, I committed a bit of a faux pas in my last post by answering the A-level questions on our AS level project. My new-and-improved script, which I've been working on for the past week, is in my next post in my Critical Reflection video.

No comments:

Post a Comment